CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Space Unit !!

Each year when it is time to begin our space unit I get so excited and can't wait to begin.  This year was no different.  I went out in search for new and improved ideas for teaching about the order of the planets.  This year I found this amazing book for students to create in ordering the planets and recording some of the important facts we discussed in class.  Students also were able to create their own mnemonic devices for the planets.  Both activities were really fun.

The students really enjoyed making their own mnemonic devices.  They are really allowed to be creative in their devices. 
 You can find the Planet Mnemonic for free here.



The booklet is an amazing long foldable that I found over at Lesons Plan SOS. My students loved creating the booklet and really learned the facts about the different planets.
Here are some pictures of my students booklets.





1 comment:

  1. I really like the way in which you have set up the activity for the children to do the planet books- they look awesome. May have to use that one day in my classroom when I qualify as a teacher.

    I hope you can hop along to my blog too.
    All the best
    Ben

    beingbenm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete