CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Books for Boys Linky Party

I have been pretty bad at keeping up to date on my blog so I am making it a resolution to write more posts.  I found this Linky party at Swimming into Second and wanted to add to the conversation.  This has been a real passion of mine.  My first 5 years of teaching I taught at an inner city school without a library and many of my students didn't have a large selection of books at home as well.  I made it my mission to get all of my students into reading and finding books that they would all love.

The first series that I found that the boys really loved was the Geronimo Stilton Series of books.  This year as in many other years my boys have read all of the books I have and are looking for new one.The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid
I also try to keep nonfiction text around that deals with what we are talking about in class.  The boys seem to gravitate to the nonfiction text.  

I am always looking for new books for the boys in my class.  This is a great Linky Party!  Sorry have to cut this short, my two year old is on my lap looking for attention.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up Kari! I'm just getting into the Geronimo Stilton books so thanks for mentioning those.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari,
    I write action-adventures & mysteries for readers 8 - 13, especially boys. I also grew up hating to read and come from a film, video, and television commercial production background. http://booksandboys.blogspot.com/2012/05/books-you-can-trust-for-kids.html

    ReplyDelete