CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Relating Division and Multiplication.

Yesterday I was able to do a fun activity in my math class. I wanted students to relate what we had learned about arrays and multiplication to division. So we made some awesome mosaic patterns.  Students cut stripes of paper to equal pieces and then arranged their total pieces to create a mosaic. They used the same number of pieces in each row creating a mosaic array.  Since they had their total number of pieces already, students were able to practice division. The entire project went really well. I then had students write the fact family for their drawing.
Here is a tree mosaic.

A Rainbow

My example.  It is supposed to be a sunset.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan ,I would love to see more updates from you .
    Dedicatedhosting4u.com

    ReplyDelete